To get the full scoop on our project, go here. To find out how you can help, go here.

My Idea is Backed Up!

I've decided to spearhead the planning and fundraising for an accessible playground to be built in my city, Syracuse UT. This is HUGE. It would involve getting at least 2 acres donated by the city, and raising at least $800,000. I talked to the city manager today, and he said another citizen has brought this to their attention, and the city council backs up the idea, but the only thing that can do is donate the land - they have no extra funds to give.

Excuse me? Donate land? That's a BIG deal! Woo hoo! =)

We're meeting next Monday so I can go over my ideas and plans of how I'm going to raise the money. I have done loads of research about this, and I have some tricks up my sleeve to make this happen. It won't happen tomorrow or even next year. In fact, I have a goal to have the project completed within 5 years. That sounds like a long time, but it is a realistic goal.

No comments: